It was 1860 when the school came into existence with the name of
Aided Anglo Vernacular School. When the necessity was felt to upgrade it
to a high school, Annada Prasad Roy Bahadur (landlord of Kolkata) of
Cassimbazar and respectable zamindar of Sarail estate undertook the
responsibility for the development of the school in 1875.
The founding headmaster was Babu Jogesh Chandra Sarker. Afterwards,
many headmasters like Babu Binode Bihary Deb, Babu Kshintin Kukharjee,
Babu Mahin Chandra Paul, Mahibullah and Nurul Huda have held the chair
of the headmaster.
The school was nationalised on May 1, 1968. Annada Govt. High School
is the biggest school in Bangladesh in Place & Areas. S.S.C 2000
batch had arranged a remarkable RE-UNION on 27-10-12 and that occasion
On February 2009, Mrs.Farida Nazmeen joined as a headmaster.