It was 1860 when the school came into existence with the name of Aided Anglo Vernacular School. When the necessity was felt to upgrade it to a high school, Annada Prasad Roy Bahadur (landlord of Kolkata) of Cassimbazar and respectable zamindar of Sarail estate undertook the responsibility for the development of the school in 1875.
The founding headmaster was Babu Jogesh Chandra Sarker. Afterwards, many headmasters like Babu Binode Bihary Deb, Babu Kshintin Kukharjee, Babu Mahin Chandra Paul, Mahibullah and Nurul Huda have held the chair of the headmaster.
The school was nationalised on May 1, 1968. Annada Govt. High School is the biggest school in Bangladesh in Place & Areas. S.S.C 2000 batch had arranged a remarkable RE-UNION on 27-10-12 and that occasion was historical.
On February 2009, Mrs.Farida Nazmeen joined as a headmaster.